VOAs are designed to control the optical power in a fiber optics network. Casix VOA family is based on micro-electro-mechanical system (MEMS) technology. Highly repeatable optical attenuation is achieved through an electrostatic rotatable MEMS mirror changing light coupling between input/output fiber (ESVOA), or a thermally-actuated MEMS shutter moving in/out of the optical path (Matt VOA).
• Low IL, WDL and PDL; large Attenuation Range
• High Repeatability and Resolution
• Compact Size and Rugged Construction
• Available in Normally Closed or Normally Open States
• Telcordia GR-1209, 1221 Qualified
• RoHS Compliant
Power management in optical network, ROADM power balancing, dynamic gain control in DWDM/CWDM networks, power balance between optical amplifier stages.